I have been sexually assaulted on campus, what can I do?


Are you in a safe environment?

If the assault has just occurred, consider whether you feel safe where you are.

Emergency help

  • Police: If you or others feel at risk or consider the situation to be an emergency, call the police on 999.
  • Ambulance: If you require urgent medical help, call for an ambulance on 999.
  • Campus Support: If you call for an ambulance or the police and you live on campus, also call Campus Support on 01695 584 227 so they can direct the police or ambulance to you as quickly as possible.

Contact numbers:

  • Police: 999
  • Ambulance: 999
  • Campus Support: 01695 584 227

Medical assistance

If you require medical treatment, you can go to:

  • Your nearest Accident and Emergency department
  • The local walk-in centre at Ormskirk Hospital
  • SAFE Place (Liverpool): 0151 295 3550
  • SAFECentre (Preston): 01772 523344

Contacting the University

  • Outside office hours: If you are in University accommodation, contact Campus Support on 01695 584 227.
  • During office hours: If you are in other accommodation, you can alert staff at the Mental Health & Wellbeing Team on 01695 650 988.

Wellbeing Team

It is up to you to choose what kind of support you want to access and whether or not you want to report the assault to the police. You can also choose to do nothing now. Taking time to think about your options is a perfectly valid decision.

Further guidance and support can be found by visiting Guidance for Sexual Assault


  • Last Updated 16,07,2024
  • Views 6
  • Answered By Russell Hagan

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0