Last Updated: 31,05,2024    Views: 17

I am estranged and need to be considered for a full maintenance loan.

Students under the age of 25 on the first day of the course (such as 1st Sept) are asked to supply a parent/s’ email contact to allow Student Finance to complete an income check to assess the amount of Maintenance Loan that can be awarded.

In some situation, students cannot supply a parent’s’ contact as they have no family support.

Student Finance does have other options, to ensure a full maintenance loan can be allocated ,through their Estranged, Care Leavers and Financial Independence options. These options are explained on The Money Advice and in the Care Experienced Guide 

If you are under 25 years and not able to apply for Estranged or Care Experienced status and have parents that cannot supply income details, or they maybe unwilling to support an application, it may well be worth booking an appointment with The Money Advice Team

The Student Support Team  can also help and support our students that are without family support.

Live Chat