Last Updated: 16,07,2024    Views: 1

How do I obtain a Council Tax Exemption Certificate?

If you are studying on a full-time programme, you are exempt from paying council tax. 

To obtain a Council Tax Exemption Certificate, you will need to follow the steps to request a Confirmation of Student Registration Certificate (CSRC).

Once you have followed these steps a certificate will be emailed to your Edge Hill email account. This certificate will act as proof of your enrolment on your course and can be submitted to your Local Authority for Council Tax exemption.

Please note, Council Tax Exemption Certificates will not be available until your first teaching week of the academic year. This will differ depending on the term dates for your programme.

If you believe you are eligible for Council Tax Exemption, please contact the Enrolment team via

Live Chat