Last Updated: 31,05,2024    Views: 1

My parents income has changed, can I get more money?

Student Finance can consider  parent/s(or partner's) income from 2 years ago for the maintenance loan assessments.  If this reduces the loan there could be option to be considered for an extra assessment if parents income (or partner's income) falls by a certain amount during the academic year. 

Further guidance  is available here Reduced loans and current income year assessments

A Current Year Income Assessment can be requested by completing the relevant application.

For Student Finance England enter: Student finance forms and select CYI.

Live Chat